We created this policy to give you a head start on understanding our information collection and use practices. It is important that you read this document for the full explanation of our privacy practices.
We receive information that:
- You allow us to collect when you use certain TapTapSee features.
- We get from seeing how you use TapTapSee.
- We get from communicating with you.
We use this information to:
- Provide TapTapSee features and services to you.
- Manage and improve the TapTapSee website, app and services.
- Analyze how you use TapTapSee.
- Provide you with information.
- Diagnose technical problems and maintain security.
- Provide you with marketing that is relevant to you.
We share this information with:
- Business partners, which may include advertising partners.
- Businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that TapTapSee is part of, or that become part of the same group.
- Outside parties to comply with the law and legal obligation.
We store information:
- Primarily in the United States, but may also use other locations around the world.
Effective date: August 8, 2013.
Welcome to TapTapSee ("TapTapSee," "we," "us" or "our"). TapTapSee provides an fast and accurate image recognition utility. After an image is taken, using the built in camera capture feature, it then defines the image for the user.
- Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
Click on the links below to jump to each section of this Policy:
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- Sharing of Your Information
- How We Store Your Information
- Your Choices About Your Information
- Children's Privacy
- Other Websites and Services
- How to Contact Us
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Communications between you and TapTapSee. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may not opt out of Service-related emails.
- We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the web page or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by TapTapSee.
- A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service.
- Develop and test new products and features.
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- Diagnose or fix technology problems.
- Automatically update the TapTapSee application on your device.
- Provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing.
We will not rent or sell your private contact information, such as username, user ID, device ID, email address, etc. to third parties outside TapTapSee (or the group of companies of which TapTapSee is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data (such as usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.), with organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may license the image data to outside companies or organizations for their internal use only. No user IDs or any other personally identifying metadata will ever be attached along with the images.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Instances where we may be required to share your information:
TapTapSee will disclose your information where required to do so by law or by judicial process or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement.
- Protect the security or integrity of our Service.
- Exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of TapTapSee, our Users or others.
Storage and Processing:
- The images taken by you are stored indefinitely.
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which TapTapSee, a company in the same group of companies as TapTapSee or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- TapTapSee may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the control access to emails between you and TapTapSee, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, TapTapSee may retain information and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- If you have any questions about termination or deactivation of your account, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TapTapSee does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to use the Service. The Service and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our service employs a proprietary technology that utilizes both computer vision and crowdsourcing.